Garden Vegetable Long Grain Brown Rice
– 4-5 tomatoes.
– 1 cup of chopped shallots or sweet onion
– 2 ears of roasted corn sliced off the cob
– 1 cup of long grain brown rice
– 1/4 cup of amaranth (optional)
– 1 tablespoon of chicken stock
– 1 1/2-2 cups of greens such as Romaine lettuce
– 1 hot pepper such as Jalepeno, chopped fine (optional)
– 1/4 cup of garden herbs of choice. Try a combination of sage, thyme, oregano and or rosemary.
2 cups of ham or other meat such as leftover chicken or grilled sirloin (optional)
Saute shallots in 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter until tender and slightly browned.
Boil tomatoes in 4 cups of water for 10 minutes. Add remainder of ingredients and cover. Cook for approximately 1/2 hour on low simmer. Check to see if water is needed 3/4 through cooking time and add as needed. Uncover and let simmer till enough liquids have been evaporated and consistency is to your liking. Some like the dish drier, some more moist.
Enjoy this very tasty, healthy and EASY dish