Ready for the taste of summer? because here it comes!!!!
- 2 redfish, seasoned and grilled. But guess what? You can use any pan fried fish you would like, like one nice well seasoned haddock. Do this step first.
- 1/2 lb of grilled or pan fried scallops (do in advance)
- 10 oz. container of onion dip ( I use Trader Joes )
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup of your favorite shredded cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic, onion powder, sea salt and pepper
- one teaspoon of dried chopped onions
- 4 LARGE mushrooms (see video) or 8-10 smaller variety – but large enough to stuff!!
- 1/2 lb of large sea scallops
- Block of Parmesan cheese to grate
- Butter and extra-virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 375, then wash mushrooms, break off and chop the stems finely. Sauté the stems in 2 tablespoons of butter, 2 of the olive oil over a small to medium fire.
- When well sautéed (appx 5 min), take off the fire and add the onion dip, spices, flaked grilled fish and cheese.
- Fill the mushroom caps and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for appx. 25 min. Place a scallop on each mushroom 5 min. before taking out of the oven.